ELEANOR WORTHINGTON PRIZE
Open to Schools, Institutes, and Academies of Art and Design at tertiary, B.A. level
In cooperation with the Liceo Artistico “Scuola del Libro”, Urbino
With the sponsorship of the Marche Region
of the Urbino local authority
and of various institutions
RULES OF THE PRIZE, 2015_2016
INTERNATIONAL DAY OF PERSONS WITH DISABILITY
1. THE THEME. The theme of the Prize for tertiary education is
The international day of people with disability
celebrated by the United Nations on the 3rd of December of each year.
As for this day, it is the objective of the Prize to raise everybody’s awareness of problems on disability, so that it will be possible to lower barriers, in civic society and social life, at school and at work, and people with disabilities will live better.
2. RULES OF PARTICIPATION. Participants are asked to enter the competition with works of visual communication, with the relevant techniques and disciplines, such as for example painting, sculpture, illustration, animation, graphics, photography, design, and multimedia.
Entry to the Prize is free. Students intending to take part in the Prize must declare their intention to do so by October 31, 2015, with an email to email@example.com
All entries should be submitted in digital form only, by midnight of Sunday November 15, 2015, uploading them in the folder premioeleanor through FTP, the credentials of which are:
All files should be compressed, for instance .zip or .rar
All works submitted must have a title, which may coincide with the Prize title. They must also be accompanied by a short statement of their “concept” (max 400 characters, spaces included, for the purpose of appearing on the web site of the Prize). All concepts must be in .doc or .docx
The judges will have access only to the digital form for all submitted works.
All images must be in .jpg (not .pdf); they must be at a high printing resolution (min. 300DP), for the purpose of appearance in the exhibition.
Films and animations must last at most 3 minutes, in quick time, compression H264.
Two versions are needed for all works submitted, one with the name of the entrant(s) (for the exhibition and for the web site), and an anonymous one, to be submitted to the judges.
3. EVALUATION. Evaluation of the works will be carried out by a panel of judges, on the basis of four criteria:
Relevance to the theme
All submitted works are evaluated anonymously.
4. PRIZE and EXHIBITION. The winner of the prize will be announced on the web site, by November 25, 2015.
There are two prizes, of € 600 each (gross of tax), one for a student from an Italian institution, one for a student from a British institution. For entrants as a group, the prize remains the same.
The prize giving event will take place on Thursday December 3r, at 10:00 a.m. at ISIA (Istituto Superiore Industrie Artistiche), via S. Chiara, Urbino.
All works submitted to the competition will be displayed in a public exhibition devoted to the Prize, to be held in the UK, date and place to be announced on the web site.
5. WEB SITE.
The web site shows documentation on the past Prize, and on the exhibition held in June 2015 at the New School House Gallery, York.
6. CONSENT. Each candidate authorizes the Associazione Premio Eleanor Worthington, and also its legal representative, to deal with the received personal data according to Italian law 675/96 (Legge sulla Privacy) and later alterations D. Lgs. 196/2003 (Codice Privacy), for the purpose, among others, of inserting the data in data banks run by the Associazione.
Each participant grants the Associazione Premio Eleanor Worthington free rights to reproduce the works and the concepts submitted to the Prize, for the sole purpose of possible inclusion in the web site of the Prize, and of other forms of communication , promotion and activities of the Associazione.
Those who do not want their work to appear on the web site of the Prize must declare it in writing when they enroll in the Prize.
The decision of the organizers of the prize on whatever is not specified in this document is final.
The organization retains the right to alter this document if it considers it necessary.
For the Associazione Premio Eleanor Worthington
Urbino, June 8, 2015
Associazione Premio Eleanor Worthington
Registered Office: Via Pian del Monte 2
61029 URBINO, Italy
copyright 2011 @ Bernard Worthington CF.WRTBNR49S28Z114V - website by info-net srl